29th SGIFF: Panel Discussion | Funding Approaches to Alternative Stories
Organised as part of the SGIFF Southeast Asian Producers Network
The Southeast Asian Producers Network brings together producers from the region to share their wealth of knowledge with one another in an open exchange of ideas. This year, our panel discussion revolves around what makes a project an attractive proposition for private investment. We will also have a candid conversation with a producer who has always pushed the boundaries of creative producing.
Part 1: 3:00PM – 4:00PM
(From left to right: Sangchul Lee, Chayamporn Taeratanachai, Nathan Gunawan, Natalie Balakrishnan)
Sangchul Lee, C47 Investment
Chayamporn Taeratanachai, Cinema22
Nathan Gunawan and Natalie Balakrishnan, Phoenix Films
Independent film financing has always been a difficult process to navigate. Four private investors in the region share their past experiences in film financing and what they believe makes a project attractive and interesting to financiers. Join us as they offer insights on how to get your films financed.
Part 2: 4:15PM – 5:15PM
Official Website: sgiff.com
Lord David Puttnam, Film Producer
With over 30 years of filmmaking experience under his belt, British film producer Lord David Puttnam has won 10 Oscars, 25 BAFTAs and a Palme d’Or at Cannes, with films such as The Mission, Chariots of Fire, Bugsy Malone and Midnight Express. The famed producer is also known for his engagement with education – the Puttnam School of Film at LASALLE was named in his honour, and he continues to give masterclasses to LASALLE’s film students. Find out more about his cinematic journey, from his younger days at an advertising agency all the way to his triumphs in Hollywood.
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- At the event, simply present the e-ticket to the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 2 December, 1pm. Any cancellations must be made before this cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full line-up of off-screen events: sgiff2018.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / firstname.lastname@example.org
3:00 PM - 5:15 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link Singapore